0 of 25 questions completed
You have already completed the mock exam before. Hence you can not start it again.
Mock Exam is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the mock exam.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 25 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
B. Serum testing for cystic fibrosis
C. Repeat semen analysis immediately.
D. Repeat semen analysis after 3months
E. Repeat FSH, LH & testosterone.
F. Refer for urologist.
G. Measure prolactin level.
H. Urine for microscopy & culture.
I. US/doppler scrotum.
J. Test for smell.
K. Culture of semen.
L. Advanced sperm quality test
M. DNA fragmentation test of sperm.
Each of the following scenarios describes various tests for male infertility. For each patient select the single most appropriate test from the list above. Each option may be used once, more than once or not at all.
1. 24 years old Caucasian presented for evaluation of infertility. No problem in erection or ejaculation. Examination -showed bilateral absence of the vas. Semen analysis confirmed azoospermia.
2. A 30 years old, tall healthy man presented for infertility evaluation. He has no problem in erection or ejaculation. Semen analysis showed count of 6 million/ml. Repeated twice .
3. 34 years old man who was previously healthy & has fathered a child before but now complains of excessive fatigue, headache.He failed to produce semen for testing twice. His hormonal profile showed low FSH, LH & testosterone.
4. A 28 years old healthy male, who has fathered 2 children before, noticed some urgency, dysuria & turbid/cloudy urine after sexual intercourse
Each of the following scenarios of different severity of OHSS, Options above show various percentages . For each patient select the SINGLE most appropriate answer from the list above. Each option may be used once, more than once or not at all.
5. A woman with tubal disease is advised to have IVF treatment to maximise her chances of pregnancy. On reading the information leaflet, she is very concerned about the risks of ovarian hyperstim- ulation syndrome. Her chances of Developing Mild OHSS
6. A 35-year-old para 0 is in the midst of an IVF cycle. She has undergone egg retrieval following human chorionic gonadotropin administration, and you have just implanted two fresh embryos. Her chance of developing severe OHSS
7. A 37-year-old para 1 is undergoing an IVF cycle. She has egg retrieval .2 embryos transferred ,Her initial beta human chorionic gonadotropin is 1600 mIU/ml, and she begins to develop abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. An ultrasound reveals two gestational sacs and free abdominal fluid. She is not short of breath, her pulse oximetry is 98% on room air and electrolytes and haematocrit and liver function tests are within normal limits.Whats incidence of women having moderate OHSS
B. Laparoscopic ovarian drilling
C. 5000 IU HCG
D. 1000 IU HCG
E. 250 mcg recombinant HCG
F. GnRH agonist
G. GnRH antagonist
K. Ectopic pregnancy
O. Advise on adequate oral fluid intake
P. Mild OHSS
Q. Moderate OHSS
R. Severe OHSS
8. A 26 years old woman visits you in infertility clinic . She is trying for pregnancy since 2 years.Her BMI is 27. She is a diagnosed case of PCOS. She gets menses only after progesterone withdrawal . Husbands semen analysis is normal. She has reduced her weight and also having a healthy lifestyles . She has received Clomiphene for 3 cycles and letrozole for 1 cycle . But failed to ovulate with any of these . What will be your next management ?
9. After further management,she starts ovulating but fails to concieve after 6 months of treatment. Finally she has been decided for ART. Her AMH is 12 and AFC is 18 . What is the most serious risk associated with the ovulation stimulation in her ?
A. Clomiphene citrate induction
C. Laparoscopic ovarian drilling
D. Pulsatile gonadotrophins
E. Invitro fertilisatiton
F. Oocyte donation
G. Oocyte Freezing
H. Life style modification and weight reduction
I. Metformin therapy
Choose the appropriate answer for the scenario described, each option can be used once, more than once or not at all
10. 30 year old presented with secondary infertility, has been evaluated and found to have Sheehans syndrome. She is anxious to conceive. The best management option is
11. 32 year old women being evaluated for primary infertility is diagnosed to have PCOS.Clinically she has acanthosis nigricans,very irregular periods and her serum progesterone was 3 ng/ml.her BMI is 39.She wishes to conceive as early as possible.The best management option is
D. Diagnostic hysteroscopy
E. Diagnostic laparoscopy
G. Donor insemination
H. Unprotected intercourse limited to time of ovulation
I. Gonadotropin stimulation
J. GnRH agonist and step up protocol and minimal dose of HCG
K. GnRH antagonist protocol with GnRH agonist for ovulation induction
12. A 22 year old nulliparous woman with primary amenorrhea was found to have hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism related amenorrhea. What will be treatment choice for infertility management?
13. A 28 year old nulliparous woman who is in same sex relation . Method of conception?
14. A 28 year old woman being investigated for infertility for 3 years has dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia and dyschezia. What is the gold standard method for diagnosis of her condition?
15. A 32 year old couple with Husband HIV positive and compliant with HAART and viral load < 50 copies / ml. What is the best advice for them to conceive?
16. A 28 year old woman known case of PCOS undergoing IVF treatment. Which protocol is best to avoid OHSS ?
D. gonorrheal salpingitis
E. Genital tuberculosis
F. Asherman syndrome
G. salpingitis isthmica nodosa
H. Sub mucous fibroid
I. Bilateral Hydrosalpinx
K. Sub serous fibroid
L. Endometrial polyp
Following scenarios Show various women presenting to infertility clinic.choose the single most appropriate diagnosis from above list for these women
17. Tracking Basal body temperature (BBT) is an easy way to get an idea of if and when you’re ovulating.By looking at At BBT Curve , the image shows the basal temperature graph made by the couple Mr & Mrs.Adams , the previous month.
What thisBBT chart implies ?
18. Ms. Kenchamma, 33-year-old Asian woman has been trying for pregnancy for 1 Year , now she complains of pelvic pain and amenorrhea For 3 months associated with low-grade fever and weight loss.
Physical examination demonstrates a tender pelvic mass.
Surgical findings include dense pelvic adhesions, segmental dilatation of the fallopian tubes, and everted fimbria.
Microscopic examination of the right fallopian tube shows proliferation of tubal folds with giant cells within the tube.
Which Is probable diagnosis ?
19. Mrs. A.Is 25year old , she is known case of infertility .she has undergone surgical evacuation 6 weeks back for a missed miscarriage her partners semen analysis normal , .Diagnostic Laprosocpy bilateral tubes are normal .serum progesterone is 40 .She also complains of light periods .
Her HSG is as follows
20. Mrs X, 42 year old nulliparous from Ghana has presented with dysmenorrhoea , and infertility . her partners semen analysis normal , .Diagnostic Laparoscopy bilateral tubes are normal .Serum progesterone is 38 on day 15 .
Her Hysteroscopy Image is attached ,what is the cause of her infertility ?
A. Pituitary Adenoma
B. Pelvic inflammatory disease
D. Androgen Insensitivity syndrome
E. Premature ovarian Insufficiency
H. Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome
K. polycystic ovarian syndrome .
L. Mayer–Rokitansky–Küster–Hauser syndrome.
M. Left Hydrosalpinx
O. Bilateral Hydrosalpinx
P. None of the above
Above options show various reasons for Infertility .The following scenarios explain various women with amenorrhea and Infertility .
Choose the option corresponding to the scenario .each option can be done once or more than once or none at all .
21.Mrs. A is 30-year-old woman is referred for management of infertility. After menarche at age 12, menses occurred irregularly for a year and then became regular. She initiated use of oral contraceptive pills at the age of 18, then stopped at age 27 to try to conceive. Evaluation revealed presenting with amenorrhoea for 3 months,complains of headache .
On further evaluation her
FSH 2 IU/mL
LH 7 IU/mL
TESTOSTERONE 15 ng/dl
PROLACTIN 1500 ng/mL
Beata Hcg – 5 mIU/mL
What is the Cause of her infertility
22. Mrs. B, 32yearold with secondary amenorrhoea 4months ,presented with infertility , who intentionally lost 12kgs BMI;26,FHS:56Iu/L, LH: 43 IU/L
Probable reason for her Infertilty
23.Mrs. C , 18 year old , presents with normal secondary sexual characters .
She says she has never got her periods but want to become pregnant .Ultrasound shows absent uterus ,
her Karyotyping is enclosed
24. Mrs. D , 32year old , presented to infertility clinic , she gives history of dysmenorrhoea and chronic pelvic pain .Diagnostic laparoscopy image is enclosed .
25.Mrs. E. Is 30 year old has been treated for chronic pelvic pain , Dyspareunia and infertility .she has been treated for Pelvic inflammatory disease , many times .
Had presented severe pain in the upper right area of the abdomen, fever, chills, headaches, and a general feeling of poor health (malaise).she has undergone diagnostic laparoscopy image is enclosed .
You cannot copy content of this page