0 of 50 questions completed
You have already completed the mock exam before. Hence you can not start it again.
Mock Exam is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the mock exam.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 50 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Mrs. X, 46 years old is 7 weeks pregnant.She is really anxious as she has read there is increased risk of miscarriage for her age.What are the chances of miscarriage for her?
2. What is the rate of infra-umbilical adhesions after midline laparotomy?
3. Mrs.Renet has a history of recurrent miscarriage. All the investigations done for her came back as normal. She is concerned regarding her risk for future pregnancy. What is the risk for her to have another miscarriage?
4. You are reviewing a G2P1 @ 34weeks POA who come to you to discuss mode of delivery. You noticed in her previous pregnancy she sustained a third-degree tear. What percentage of women who sustain a third or fourth degree tear at their first birth will choose for elective Caesarean section for the birth of their second child?
5. A 28 years old woman is concerned her sister sustained OASIS. During her antenatal follow up she is concerned about her risk of sustaining a significant perineal tear during childbirth. You note her only previous pregnancy was delivered by term vaginal delivery and there was no third or fourth degree tear. What is the approximate incidence of 3rd and 4th degree perineal tears in multiparous women?
6. A woman has a brother affected by haemophilia A and comes to see you to discuss the implications of this as she is planning a pregnancy. During the discussion she asks what is the chance of her brother having a son who is a carrier?
7. Mrs. Sara, is now14 weeks pregnant in her second pregnancy. She is a known case of epilepsy. Her first delivery was normal Vaughan delivery, first child is 8years old and diagnosed to have epilepsy. What is risk of this baby having epilepsy?
8. 63.Mrs. Angel, has been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease. She is now here for her booking visit. Her creatinine level now I 175 μmol/ L. During counselling, she wants to know risk of her having preterm delivery.
9. Mrs. Ruby is 32 weeks pregnant. She has been diagnosed with syphillis a week back. She has been prescribed Benzathine benzylpenicillin G, 2.4 mu intramuscularly day 0 and 7. What is the incidence of Jarisch –Herxheimer reaction during treatment?
10. What proportion of patients having a surgical procedure will develop a surgical site infection?
11. You have been asked by your consultant to write a patient information leaflet on caesarean section for placenta praevia. What is the incidence of ureteric injury at the time of surgery?
12. A 25-year-old primigravida develops severe preeclampsia at 37weeks’ 3days gestation and is delivered by emergency caesarean section. She is concerned about her future pregnancies. What is the chance of her developing preeclampsia in her next pregnancy?
13. What percentage of women do not attend appointment of IUC insertions post abortion?
14. Keloid scarring has been reported in up to what %of women in women undergoing FGM?
15. When obtaining consent for a procedure, a doctor should take reasonable care incommunicating with the patients, as their inability to recall from such discussion is often evident.What percentage of the information that is discussed during the process of obtaining consentbefore surgery is retained at 6 months?
16. Mrs. Ruby Has been admitted with recurrent admission for hypermesis . During her antenatal care she is noticed to have small for gestational age . What s the incidence of women developing this?
17. CA-125 is a tumour marker for Serous epithelial ovarian cancer.In what percentage of early-stage disease, CA-125 is raised
18. In postmenopausal women what is the percentage of endometrial cancer in those who present with abnormal uterine bleeding
19. Ms. Susan, 45-year-old, has been diagnosed with stage 3c ovarian cancer.She is keen to know about her prognosis.
What is the 5-year survival rate in UK for advanced ovarian cancer?
20. You are seeing Mrs. Jennet Maxwell,32year old primigravida, who works as a teacher. She conceived after IVF, is at26 weeks of gestation, and has presented with breathing difficulty for which GP has referred her to scan.
Her pregnancy was a low risk pregnancy.
ALL scans and blood tests have been normal so far.
Her pre-pregnancy weight is 60 kg. Her BMI IS 26.
She is on multivitamins. On examination no signs and symptoms of Deep vein thrombosis is seen.
Her compression duplex ultrasound on leg is normal, so chest X-ray was performed with abdominal shield. It is abnormal. So she is advised to undergo CTPAas there is high suspicion of pulmonary embolism. During counselling she asks her lifetime increase in risk of breast cancer with CTPA
21. A 30 year-old woman who is para 3 presented with heaviness in abdomen and vague symptoms, she was diagnosed as Dysgerminoma. She was treated with surgery and chemotherapy for stage IC dysgerminoma. She wants to know her estimated five-year survival?
22. What is the incidence of concomitant endometrial cancer in %, in the uterus specimen if the hysterectomy had been done for atypical hyperplasia?
23. A 55-year-old woman is diagnosed with stage IB endometrial cancer. She declines any surgical intervention and requests radiotherapy as an alternative. What will be the risk of recurrence if she is treated using radiotherapy?
24. By what percentage risk of ovarian cancer reduces for each year of use of the combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP)?
25. Cancer and ovarian cancer respectively?
26. A 70-year-old menopausal woman presents with vulval itching and bleeding. On examination, a suspicious lesion is identified and an excision biopsy is performed. The lesion is confirmed as a squamous cell carcinoma with depth of invasion of <1 mm. What is the likelihood of lymph node involvement?
27. A disease may be excluded from consideration because:
28. A new cancer biomarker is tested against a gold standard for its diagnostic accuracy. Following are the details.
What happens to PPV if cut off value is changed from B to C?
29. A large study evaluated a test for diagnosing a new disease. It evaluated the test against PCR testing, which serves as a gold standard. Its sensitivity was 70% and Specificity was 90%. What is the Positive Likelihood ratio?
30. Consider body mass index (BMI) in a population of 60-year-old males in whom BMI is normally distributed. What percentage of the population has value > 41
31. What is percentage of indirect maternal deaths contributing to overall maternal deaths in UK?
32. In the 2020 MBRRACE-UK report into maternal deaths, in the years 2015 –2017, 99 women died before completion of 24 weeks. What was the percentage of deaths due to ectopic pregnancy?
33. 37 years old women para 4, 34 weeks pregnant with history of chronic hypertension, complaints sudden onset of sharping tearing pain in epigastric region and radiating to back. She fainted while talking. Resuscitation started, the cardiologist raised the suspicion of aortic dissection, patient underwent CT scan and was confirmed to have aortic dissection. Emergency surgery the saved the lady. By what percentage does aortic dissection contribute to cardiac deaths?
34. What percent of the women who died during or up to a year after pregnancy in the UK in 2015-17 were at severe and multiple disadvantage like mental health diagnosis, substance use and domestic abuse.
35. What percentage of women died of sepsis according to MBRRACE (2015-17), UK and Ireland ,
36. Mrs.XY underwent a subtotal hysterectomy as treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding. What (approximate) percentage of women will have cyclical bleeding as a persistent symptom after a subtotal hysterectomy?
37. Of women that develop pyrexia in the first 48 hours after gynaecological surgery, what proportion do not have an identifiable cause?
38. How many percentages of bladder injuries remains unrecognized during laparoscopic gynaecological surgery
39. 34 year old woman is on labour ward in latent phase of labour. Her friend recently had a forces delivery and sustained a fourth degree perineal tear. She is concerned if she has to have a forceps delivery that she will sustain a significant tear thus she has refused any operative vaginal delivery. What is the approximate incidence of third or fourth degree tears in forceps delivery without episiotomy?
40. What is risk of major congenital anomalies with IVF compared with natural conception?
41. Mrs, X has undergone salpingectomy for bilateral hydrosalphynx .What is the term pregnancy rate .she is going for IVF .she asks you after treatment what’s the live birth rate?
42. Mrs. LilLy, 56 year has come with Mass per vagina. She was operated for prolapse 3 years back. After discussing pros and cons, agreed for abdominal sacrocolpopexy.Lily wants to know incidences of sacral myelitis .
43. What is the incidence of significant wound infections in all abdominal operations?
44. In U.K, what amount of caesarean sections are emergency caesaerean sections?
45. Consultant input in second stage of labour would reduce the incidence of caesarean section at full dilatation by..
46. What is the incidence of laceration to bladder during of caesarean section at full dilatation?
47. What is incidence of voiding difficulty in the immediate postoperative period in anterior vaginal wall repair surgeries?
48. What is the incidence of asymptomatic bacteruria after Clean intermittent self‐catheterisation?
49. Abdominal ectopic pregnancy constitutes what percentage of all ectopic pregnancies?
50. What is the chance of postdural puncture headache when accidental dural puncture occurs during epidural?
You cannot copy content of this page