0 of 50 questions completed
You must specify a text.
You must specify a number.
You must specify an email address.
You have already completed the mock exam before. Hence you can not start it again.
Mock Exam is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the mock exam.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 50 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Dopamine is secreted by which of the hypothalamic nucleus?
2. FSH is a glycoprotein secreted by the anterior pituitary. Normal levels are seen in which condition?
3. Low levels of LH are seen in
4. Prolactin is a peptide hormone secreted by anterior pituitary. Other places from where this hormone is secreted include:
5. Thyroid changes in pregnancy include all of the following except
6. Anti thyroid drugs used for treating hyperthyroidism include the following. Which of them is not safe in pregnancy?
7. Commonest cause of hyperthyroidism in pregnancy is
8. A 20 year old presented to GP with irregular periods. She was investigated & found to have hypothyroidism. Which of the following features would you not expect to see in her?
9. In nephrogenic diabetes insipidus the clinical picture is of diuresis. Which of the following statements is true in this context?
10. An 18 year old girl is seen in the clinic with primary amenorrhea. She gives h/o running 20 miles/day& her BMI is 16. Which of the following condition is likely to explain her disorder?
11. In infants with congenital adrenal hyperplasia which is the most common enzyme deficiency?
12. Where are oxytocin & anti-diuretic hormone produced?
13. Renin-angiotensin system is important for regulation of blood pressure & fluid balance in the body. Where is renin produced in the body?
14. A 17 year old girl with normal secondary sexual characters is being investigated for primary amenorrhea. Her FSH,LH ,E2 & Thyroid profile is normal. Usg shows absent uterus. What is the likely diagnosis?
15. Which of the following is not associated with hyperprolactinaemia?
16. What is the life span of corpus luteum if the ovum does not get fertilised?
17. In a 28 day menstrual cycle which hormone typically reaches its peak level on 21st day of the cycle?
18. You are in the postnatal clinic reviewing a lady who is 6 weeks postpartum. She c/o inadequate breast secretions & also feeling very weak. On enquiry she tells you that she had PPH which was treated with 2L of blood transfusion. What could be the likely diagnosis?
19. A 45 years old woman was seen in the clinic c/o headache & sweating & palpitations. On examination her BP was 195/110& her pulse rate was 110/min. All investigations were done including an abdominal scan, which showed an adrenal mass. Which type of cells will likely give rise to this mass?
20. A pregnant woman at 20-24 weeks of pregnancy came in for screening for gestational diabetes. She underwent 2 hour 75 gm OGTT. She is an Asian with a BMI of 36. Her readings were as follows-FBS 5mmol/l,2hr 7.1mmol/l. How will you interpret the result?
21. A girl 6 weeks pregnant had an ovarian cyst accident & underwent oophorectomy. Ovulation had probably occurred from the same ovary. A few days later she had a spontaneous miscarriage. Loss of which hormone, which the corpus luteum secretes leads to spontaneous miscarriage.
22. A 44 years old woman is on POP for contraception. She wants to stop, so a FSH level was done which turned out to be 30. After how many days should FSH be measured to come to a conclusion as to whether she is menopausal or not.
23. A 25 years old woman presents with subfertility. A hormonal profile is done which shows low FSH & Lh, raised prolactin & raised TSH & a low D21 progesterone. What could be the likely cause?
24. What percentage of Tri-idothyronine is found in the free form?
25. Which of the following non-ergot dopamine agonist drug is used in treatment of hyperprolactinaemia?
26. Which of the following hormones increases the excretion of calcium in urine?
27. Which of the following is the commonest cause of secondary hyperparathyroidism?
28. A 40 year old woman presented to the GP with a h/o having galactorrhea for 2 months. She is otherwise healthy & not on any medications. On examination no abnormality is seen. Her hormonal profile was as follows-FSH-8.7iu (normal)/l,LH 4.5iu/ L(normal),oestradiol 100pmol/l (normal),TSH 15mu/l (raised),FT4.9 iu/l (low). What could be the most likely cause?
29. An 18 year old girl presented to the GP with h/o 4 months amenorrhea. She gave h/o 15 kg weight loss in the previous 4 months .Her examination is normal. Her laboratory investigations show the following—LH 0.3miu/l (low),FSH 0.2iu/l (low),prolactin 400 mu/l,BHCG—0iu/l,TSH 1.5 miu/l,T4 -200 nmol/l,T3- 2nmol/l. What could be the probable cause?
30. A 30 year old has 6 months amenorrhea. Prior to this her menstrual cycle was regular. Her pregnancy test is negative. Pelvic exam is normal & her hormonal profile looks like this-LH-33miu/l,FSH-51miu/l,prolactin—300mu/l,TSH-3.1-(WNL),oestradiol-070(100-500). What is the most likely diagnosis?
31. Sheehans syndrome affects which of the following gland?
32. Which substance is indicated by letter X in the diagram below?
33. What is the most common cause of Cushings syndrome?
34. Fetal diuresis is caused by which hormone secreted by placenta?
35. Angiotensin converting enzyme(ACE) acts on angiotensin I to convert it to angiotensin II. ACE inhibitors are used in treatment of
36. Which of the following drugs secreted by placenta decreases maternal insulin sensitivity?
37. There is a drop in all of the following hormones after delivery. Exception is
38. Factors initiating labour include all except
39. Cervical ripening which is obvious in last few weeks of pregnancy is associated with all except
40. Human chorionic gonadotrophin has 2 subunits α & β. The α subunit is similar to the α subunit of which of the following hormone?
41. Angiotensin II stimulates release of which hormone?
42. A 18 year old presented to GP with primary amenorrhea. After investigations she was found to be a case of Androgen insensitivity syndrome. Deficiency of which of the following enzymes will lead to this condition?
43. A 5 year old girl was brought by the mother with signs of breast development & cyclical pv bleeding for 2 mths. On exam & investigation she was labelled as a case of precocious puberty with raised levels of FSH & LH for her age. What type of precocious puberty is this?
44. A 14 years old girl was brought by her mother as the girl had not yet attained menarche. The girl showed signs of early breast development & also there were pubic & axillary hair present. The girls mother gave history that suddenly the girl had a growth spurt about a year ago. What would be your further plan?
45. The level of Sex Hormone Binding globulin is increased in which condition?
46. You are the ST5 in the gynaecology clinic. A lady presents to you in the clinic with the following features. What is the most probable diagnosis?
47. What would be the probable diagnosis in a lady presenting with the following clinical features?
48. Attached is the pathway for production of glucocorticoids, mineralocorticoids & androgens. In this pathway deficiency of the hormone 21-β hydroxylase will give rise to which condition in the newborn?
49. All of the vitamins are stored in the liver except –
50. 7-methylguanosine triphosphate cap is recognized by translation machinery. Cap is added to –
You cannot copy content of this page