0 of 44 questions completed
You have already completed the mock exam before. Hence you can not start it again.
Mock Exam is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the mock exam.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 44 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a very common disorder affecting the female population.WHO has classified it as what type of ovulatory disorder?
2. In nephrogenic diabetes insipidus the clinical picture is of diuresis.which of the following statements is true in this context?
3. In girls what is the first sign of puberty?
4. An 18 year old girl is seen in the clinic with primary amenorrhea. she gives h/o running 20 miles/day& her BMI is 16.which of the following condition is likely to explain her disorder?
5. Human placental lactogen is structurally similar to which hormone?
6. Angiotensinogen is cleaved by which of the following hormones to produce angiotensin I?
7. Androgen & progesterone are both produced by the ovaries. Which is the common precursor for both of these?
8. Which is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism & is characterised by a small to moderate diffuse firm goitre?
9. When does LH surge occur in relation to ovulation?
10. In infants with congenital adrenal hyperplasia which is the most common enzyme deficiency?
11. Where are oxytocin & anti-diuretic hormone produced?
12. Renin-angiotensin system is important for regulation of blood pressure & fluid balance in the body.where is renin produced in the body?
13. World wide which is the commonest cause of hypothyroidism?
14. A 17 year old girl with normal secondary sexual characters is being investigated for primary amenorrhea. Her FSH, LH, E2 & Thyroid profile is normal. Usg shows absent uterus. What is the likely diagnosis?
15. Which of the following is not associated with hyperprolactinaemia?
16. What is the life span of corpus luteum if the ovum does not get fertilised?
17. Which cells of pancreas produce glucagon?
18. In a 28 day menstrual cycle which hormone typically reaches its peak level on 21st day of the cycle?
19. You are in the postnatal clinic reviewing a lady who is 6 weeks postpartum. She c/o inadequate breast secretions & also feeling very weak.on enquiry she tells you that she had PPH which was treated with 2L of blood transfusion. What could be the likely diagnosis?
20. Which of the following hormones is the predominant one during pregnancy?
21. A 45 years old woman was seen in the clinic c/o headache & sweating & palpitations.on examination her BP was 195/110& her pulse rate was 110/min.all investigations were done including an abdominal scan, which showed an adrenal mass. which type of cells will likely give rise to this mass?
22. Which is the primary mineralocorticoid in the human body?
23. A pregnant woman at 20-24 weeks of pregnancy came in for screening for gestational diabetes. She underwent 2 hour 75 gm OGTT.she is an Asian with a BMI of 36.
Her readings were as follows-FBS 5mmol/l,2hr 7.1mmol/l.How will u interpret the result?
24. The main action of Glucagon which helps in hypoglycemia is
25. A girl 6 weeks pregnant had an ovarian cyst accident & underwent oophorectomy.ovulation had probablt oocured from the same ovary. A few days later she had a spontaneous miscarriage. Loss of which hormone which the corpus luteum secretes leads to spontaneous miscarriage.
26. A 44 years old woman is on POP for contraception.she wants to stop, so a FSH level was done which turned out to be 30.after how many days should FSH be measured to come to a conclusion as to whether she is menopausal or not.
27. A 25 years old woman presents with infertility. A hormonal profile is done which shows low FSH & Lh, raised prolactin & raised TSH & a low D21 progesterone. What could be the likely cause?
28. What percentage of Tri-idothyronine is found in the free form?
29. Which of the following non-ergot dopamine agonist drug is used in treatment of hyperprolactinaemia?
30. Which of the following hormones increases the excretion of calcium in urine?
31. Which of the following is the most active form of Vitamin D?
32. Which of the following cells secrete Calcitonin hormone?
33. Which of the following is the commonest cause of secondary hyperparathyroidism?
34. Which part of the hypothalamus produces antidiuretic hormone?
35. Premenopausal oestrogen is produced mainly by which cells of the ovary?
36. Which hormone secreted by placenta & fetal adrenal gland helps in maturation of fetal lungs?
37. A 40 year old woman presented to the GP with a h/o having galactorrhea for 2 months.she is otherwise healthy & not on any medications. On examination no abnormality is seen.Her hormonal profile was as follows-FSH-8.7iu/l,LH 4.5iu/L,oestradiol 100pmol/l,TSH 15mu/l,FT4 9 iu/l.What could be the most likely cause?
38. An 18 year old girl presented to the GP with h/o 4 months amenorrhea. She gave h/o 15 kg weight loss in the previous 4 months. Her examination is normal.Her laboratory investigations show the following—LH 0.3miu/l,FSH 0.2iu/l,prolactin 400 mu/l,BHCG—0iu/l,TSH 1.5 miu/l,T4 -200 nmol/l,T3- 2nmol/l.what could be the probable cause?
39. A 30 year old has 6 months amenorrhea. Prior to this her menstrual cycle was regular. Her pregnancy test is negative.Pelvic exam is normal & her hormonal profile looks like this-LH-33miu/l,FSH-51miu/l,prolactin—300mu/l,TSH-3.1-(WNL),oestradiol-070(100-500).What is the most likely diagnosis?
40. Active form of Vit D is formed in which of the following organs?
41. Sheehans syndrome affects which of the following gland?
42. Which substance is indicated by letter X in the diagram below?
43. What is the most common cause of Cushings syndrome?
44. Fetal diuresis is caused by which hormone secreted by placenta?
You cannot copy content of this page