Dr. Sowmya N.S
MRCOG, EFOG – EBCOG, MRCPI, MCCG, IBCLC, MICOG, DGO, PGDUS, DMAS, FMAS, MBBS.
Dr. Sowmya N.S. is a highly experienced Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, and is passionate about women’s health and well-being. She has 11+ years of clinical and surgical experience and specializes in a variety of women related health issues such as abdominal and vaginal hysterectomies, laparotomies, vaginal repairs, ovarian surgeries, and obstetrical care, normal and operative deliveries, laparoscopic procedures and is equally skilled in preventive measures as well. Dr. Sowmya is well trained in ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Dr. Sowmya is currently based out of Abu Dhabi and practicing with the biggest chain of hospitals in the Middle East.
Dr Sowmya’s rich experience and style of mentoring have earned her great respect and recognition amongst students from across borders in different medical-related courses. Her specializations are an advantage to mentoring and guiding doctors from the world over to learn advanced techniques as an OBGYN. She has a vast experience in academic training and has been mentoring candidates to ace their MRCOG and MRCPI exams. Despite her rigorous schedule, she is dedicated to making the learning experience an enriching one for her students.
- MRCOG (Member of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists) – U.K.
- EFOG – EBCOG (European Board and College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
- MRCPI (Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland) Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- MCCG (Masters Course in Cosmetic Gynaecology)
- IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) – IBCLE,USA
- FMAS (Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery- Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy) – World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurugram (Gurgaon) India
- DMAS (Diploma training in Minimal Access Surgery– Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy) – World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurugram (Gurgaon) India
- PGDUS (Post Graduate Diploma in Ultrasound) – Karnataka University, India
- Certified Neonatal Resuscitator – Ministry of Health, India
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training – (PTLLS), UK
- RCOG (Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists) certified training faculty for MRCOG
- Certified Trainer -Train the Trainer course – Abu Dhabi Health Services (SEHA) Company for Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI)
- MICOG (Dignified Member of Indian College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology) by FOGSI
- Life member BSOG – Bangalore Society of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Life member FOGSI– Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecological Societies of India
- Life membership WALS – World Association Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Actively involved as a Chairperson in Hospital (Holy Cross) Infection Control Committee for NABH Accreditation.
- International Lactation Consultant Association® (ILCA®)
- Association of Lactational Professionals India (ALPI)
- MBBS – Mysore Medical College, India
- DGO (Post Graduate Diploma from Gynaecology and Obstetrics) – Bangalore Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, India
- Successfully progressing to NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring – Institute of Leadership Management (ILM) U.K.
- HONOURED WITH ” GLOBAL ACHIEVERS AWARD” in Recognition of Outstanding professional Achievement and contribution in Nation building by Indian Achievers Forum (IAF).